Im thankful for the solitude running has brought me this summer. The countless hours I’ve spent alone on the roads.
The mornings I’ve felt a prompting by the Holy Spirit to turn off my music and listen or pray, or when I’ve climbed a hill and seen the sun shining it’s brilliant yellow light. I like the solitude and I need it so badly. I need to slow down and appreciate my surroundings, and I need to know God is bigger than my tiny slice of the world.
I walked in the front door this morning and heard the familiar click of the door closing as I kicked off my tennis shoes- an act I do everyday and yet today it felt different, like a big giant hug from someone who knows you and totally gets you. It felt like this rhythm that has been engrained into my everyday has become the very thing that makes life feel comfortable, predictable and known. I will always hear the door click, and I will always take my tennis shoes off. I will continue to turn off my headlamp, remove my earbuds and go pour a cup of coffee into my favorite mug. These are the unchanging things in my world where everything else is changing.
I want to crush my marathon in a couple weeks, but I also want to be thankful for the time I’ve spent in the process and to be aware of the impact it has made on me.
xo. edc.






Comments
Post a Comment