I think Boston Marathon Monday is one of my favorite days of the year! Whether I ever get to go to Boston to run in the race again or not, the magic of the day lives on in my heart and mind forever.
There was an AWESOME group of elite women runners and it was super fun to watch the nail biting finish!
I also loved tracking all my friends that were running. So so inspirational!
After watching, I decided I needed to run a 1/2 marathon. It was the gloomiest/ rainy day so I checked Sigge into the kids area and knocked out 13.1 on the treadmill before the kids area closed. There was one point, I think at mile 5, where my mind started telling me I couldn’t do this (since I haven’t run more than 8 miles in like 5 months) but I pushed through and finished with a 7:30 mile average and it gave me all the feel-goods of training. I think it’s time to sign up for something!!!
There is nothing like the Boston Marathon to make you feel like you can and should go out and run 26.2 miles!!!
xo. edc


Comments
Post a Comment