I have much of my time back these last two weeks before the marathon. A lot more energy and mental space. I’ve been checking many things off my list. Meal prepped Monday, cleaned the house Tuesday, laundry Wednesday, cleaned the office out on Thursday and applied the remainder of the wall paper backsplash in my kitchen on Friday…. These are all things that haven’t happened all summer. My house needs weeks of deep cleaning to “return it to a state of perfection” - The Maid. <— I read that book a couple weeks ago and 10/10 recommend.
I have nervous energy all bundled inside me from not running 70+ miles a week, so I guess that translates into feeling motivated to get things done around the house? But actually have been feeling peace about the race. I am going to go out there and do my best. My A goal is to PR. My B goal is to have fun. In yoga yesterday the instructor reminded us that life is a journey not a destination and since the marathon is a metaphor to life in every way for me, I took it to mean: The marathon is a journey, not a destination. Because when I cross the finish line it doesn’t mean I’ve arrived, but rather that I spent 4 months training to do something I love and will continue to do that thing I love long after October 2. I’m increasingly grateful for my bodies ability to move and for the things I learn along the way.
Other happenings:
Croix, Levi and Sigge. Thick as thieves, cute as ever. Lucy had a play date with Hartley and they are SO cute. I am getting recognized for the cleaning I did!!! Lucy left me a note on the white board!!! This means that our house has been so untidy that MY 9 YEAR OLD NOTICED! “Thanks for cleaning. The house looks good!”
Sigge got a little trim. And is winking.
We made applesauce and Sigge was a big kid and cut the apples for me.
I got to go on a Panera date with Olle man.

Happy Saturday. Off to run my last double digit run, then head to football and enjoy the rest of the day with my people. xo. edc.








Comments
Post a Comment