Yesterday I was in a weird mood. I didn’t feel the best and I convinced myself that all I needed was an afternoon nap from Sigge. We snuggled in his bed, and when I got too frustrated by his squirmy-ness I told him it was quiet time and he could read books or rest, but he couldn’t come out. He came out. I put him back in his room. He came out again. This happened until I couldn’t handle it anymore and I decided instead of getting house work done I would go for a run.
Armed with a sucker, some toys and shorts and a T-shirt we headed out. At first I was answering his questions and then I put my earbuds in and turned them way up and just ran- not caring if he was screaming “mom!” As I got to the flat part of my run, a car stopped… clearly needing something- this little old lady was lost. Couldn’t she tell I was out running off my emotions with my music on and didn’t really want to stop both my music and my run?!? She asked for directions and I pointed her along annoyed by the disturbance. Then I realized something. Sigge was quiet. He’d fallen asleep. I got to help a woman who was clearly stressed finding her destination. I was running outside on November 1st in shorts. The sun was shining on me. I was listening to my music and running fast. I have a jogging stroller that still works and allows me to get exercise on days I can’t run in the early morning. It was an absolute perfect day.
What an attitude shift. It was exactly what I needed to get through the rest of my day- and I feel so lucky that my mind was able to see the good.
I love November and I love the big “a-ha!” I had on November 1st. Life is good. God provides. I am blessed. God is good.
xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment