I met a woman at church on Sunday who for whatever reason really left an impression. I knew who she was from my dads church, but had never really met her. It was a nutty morning of me doing way too many things. I started the day behind after making a last minute grocery run, having multiple people cancel/ not show up and I was handling it well- for real. It was kind of like God was giving me extra super powers that day bc he knew I needed it.
I was scooping ice cream/ working the root beer keg for Father’s Day root beer floats and I had just passed off the job on my friend Hannah and her 7 yr old daughter when this women and her husband walked in… I was on my way to the bathroom to wash my sticky hands when I stopped to say hello. I apologized for not wanting to shake her hands as my hands were so sticky and instead of accepting a non hand shake greeting, she took my hands in hers and said- “give me your sticky-ness” and wiped her smooth clean hands all over mine. The gesture was so unlike anything I’d ever experienced. So unexpected and so full of love and kindness. I almost burst into tears.
The rest of conversation was lovely. I want to be more like her. To be willing to take the sticky-ness in my clean, smooth hands and make people feel that same feeling of unexpected kindness.
So, here’s to a life of looking for sticky hands ❤️
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment