In the last 2 weeks I’ve had 2 yr olds over and I love them. I love the way they are trying desperately for you to understand their speech. I love how they cautiously approach stairs, I love how they giggle at most things, I love how they are interested in everything and how it works and I love how little they are.
I wonder. Am I ever going to not miss having more kids? It’s like you have to stop somewhere so do you just stop having kids and then feel content? I don’t feel content in this arena. I feel thrilled about our life right now. The ease of getting out the door, the fun games we get to play, the fact that everyone can go to the bathroom on their own, but I still wonder. And I wish I knew if moms of 7 kids wonder too???
Here’s the good stuff at age 4, 8, 10
FOUR: saying phrases and sentences completely wrong without thinking twice. Such as “Praying Mancy” instead of praying mantis while playing puppets at the library.
EIGHT: free writing is almost 100% about our family. An eight yr olds world is still so small and we are the main characters and that feels incredibly special.
TEN: the ability to rally around and understand others feelings. I’m not even sure this is a normal ten yr old thing, but it feels like we got a special one who is incredibly kind and thoughtful.
What’s the take-away? Not sure. I guess I wish I had more 2 yr olds in my life. xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment