Sigge has just learned how to jump off the swings.
And he wiggles his little butt up on that swing, gets his hands set on the chains juuuuuust so, and then proclaims: “ready for action!” Every. Single. Time.
He’s kind of a one trick pony. It’s one big pull back, release, and then he jumps. But he jumps. Like a big kid. He times it right and he lands without breaking any bones.
My spot where I stand is now a rut in the grass, the spot where he jumps is also worn. There are so many times I don’t want to be out there pushing him, but I also love his excitement. His tenacity. His big-ness. His readiness!
What is it about these kids? I told him in the car yesterday that he annoys me, to which he promptly replied: “well, I guess no one likes me”. And I said: “ya, probably not, because people don’t like whiny, mean people.” He is constantly pushing every parenting button I own. But also- he’s ready for action! And he’s just so great.
Hoping tomorrow he’ll ask me if I’ll push him on the swings again and I’ll be able to hear his little voice telling me he’s ready for whatever. Because there’s a lot to learn there.
xo. edc


Comments
Post a Comment