I’m still counting this as marathon number 10 because, in a way, completing 26.2 on your own when a race gets cancelled is harder than being on the course with all the support!
Pancakes.
Sunday! I stopped my watch and literally said to myself in my yard: “Good job Erica! You did it!” Ha! Very different than getting a medal placed around your neck. My whole family was at church, so it was just me and my dopamine rush:)
What a bummer, but I had so much fun running with Haley. We made light of it even though we were both very sad.
On Sunday we ran to Afton and back. She stopped at mile 20 so the real mental strength started then. It was a flood of emotions as it was hot, I still had 6 miles to go and I had to go up the Coulee hill! But these are the moments you remember in the marathon. When you really have to decide how you are going to show up.
Not even close to a PR or what I was hoping to run, but still feel accomplished and happy to have had the opportunity to train all summer with such a good friend.
Some moments from the last week:
Homecoming!
Pancakes.
And then I laid on the couch with an ice pack under my hamstring the rest of the day. 😂
And now I’ve moved on to IRONMAN 70.3!
Looking forward to trying something new. I’m a horrible swimmer and biker. But I want to continue to try new things and be uncomfortable as I age. So this felt like a logical step for me. Running will always be my favorite, but swimming in the lake on a beautiful fall day is hard to beat.
🤓 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓Here’s to new things! xo. edc.









Comments
Post a Comment