I don’t have many pictures over the last couple weeks. Not sure why? But I’m turning over a new leaf and committed to finding the joy in each day and each area of life.
This is what I prayed for the morning of the Milwaukee marathon. Haley and I knew we hadn’t trained and we would be taking it easy, so I prayed that we’d find a little joy in each mile. This came in especially handy when we left each other at mile 18 and I had to keep a strong mental game. I remember specifically going under this ginormous bridge and I felt thankful for the reminder that I am small and God is big. The blue skies and blue lake helped too. I continue to be thankful that I get to run and that I have the support and love from my family to keep going.
The big kids have some great neighborhood friends and often after school they head straight out the door to see if they can play. I love this as it is a mirror of my childhood with my best friend living 7 doors down. But often, after being home with mom allllllll day, Sigge is left alone with mom once again. We decided to bake cookies and bring them to the kids and their friends. Lucky for Sigge he’s so irresistibly cute that Lucy and her friends invited him to stay ♥️ win- win for all.
The sun has been out a couple times. Last Sunday it was warm enough to haul out the water table— Lucy was the BEST big sister and imaginative played with Sigge for a long time while my legs recovered from the marathon and I watched from the deck.
I was outside getting my morning sun and Olle joined me. He snuggled right in and it felt good. He said: “this is wonderful.” And he was right.
12 miles today with Haley to downtown and back.
And 57 miles on the bike in Hannah’s basement yesterday means that peak Ironman training is happening.
Olle’s football game was FREEZING on Saturday morning. I wore snow pants and layers and blankets and we froze on the sidelines. Olle was “not cold at all”. Crazy how bodies can be such different temperatures.
I’ve officially passed off my duties at church. After 7 years of being in charge of something I’m suddenly just a regular ol volunteer and that is a good thing. I want to be the best cheerleader for sten, a welcoming smile in the lobby and be able to be a little more present to my family on Sundays (sorry for never picking you up from MC kids, 🧒🏼 👧🏼 👦🏼 )!
Here we go on a new week! Ready for it all!
xo. edc.








Comments
Post a Comment