Over the weekend our speaker talked about finding ways to be thankful for the hard things of your day. For instance. Think about the worst part of the last 12-24 hours and then search for the nugget of gratitude within that moment. I’ve been trying it and it is not as easy as saying: I’m thankful for Sten. But I do think something happens when you find gratitude in the yuck, in the messy. It re-writes the story in a way that’s helpful for me.
- My humanity coming into play in relationships: thankful that my heart cares so much and that God created me this way
- My class being rowdy and hearing my name 3,000x a day: I have little people that look up to me and think I’m the best.
- Not waking up for my run like I planned: I gave my body a break and have the coziest bed with fresh sheets to sleep in.
What a mind shift it is. Try it!
Today is Thursday and after work I am going to see The Best Christmas Pageant Ever with my mom, sister and kids. I can’t wait.
xo.edc.
Comments
Post a Comment