Last night Sten took the boys to the cabin for a little getaway and I was prepared for reading, game playing and pasta night with Lucy. She ended up sleeping over at her friends house last minute and I found myself alone in my home. It was weird. I actually don't know if I have ever slept alone in our house... I didn't know what to do with my free time. I ended up cleaning the bathroom. WHAT?!
This morning I slept in until 6:15! then went to Willow for a run WITHOUT wearing a headlamp with Haley. I came home and made protein pancakes for myself and it's actually just lovely. An unexpected 15 hours to myself. I like the slow nature of home. I like my house and my kitchen and my bed. I am thankful that home is a place I want to be. A place of safety and comfort when the world feels swirly. I have a lot coming up. The women's retreat. a thanksgiving event at school I'm planning. The wreath event I'm planning. Our anniversary I am planning. Thanksgiving. Guests at the end of the month. I like that Saturdays are a refill day. As I get older I recognize the need more and more for a true Sabbath. a day to look around and be grateful for things right in front of you. The ingredients in your kitchen that allow you to make a warm breakfast and enjoy it with a warm cup of coffee from your favorite mug. What a joy a Saturday is.
xo. edc.
Protein pancakes with LOTS of banana


Comments
Post a Comment