There’s a lot of things going wrong. But there’s a lot going right. Here’s a list of what’s going right.
1. Decided on a whim to take the kids black light mini golfing. This is something I NEVER do. Mostly bc it costs money and I am firmly in the camp of “we don’t have to spend money to have fun”. But this was FUN! We had the best time. And I just loved spending that time with the kids.
2. Cousin time is always a win for me. Seriously. Big. Medium. Small. I love these 3 boys.
3. Church. Church is going right. I love watching sten up there on Sunday mornings. I love the loud lobby, I love the kids running around. I love seeing people connecting. I love Wednesday nights and watching youth play and be kids and then get serious about worshiping. I love driving past MC on a random day of the week and thinking about how it wasn’t even there not that long ago.
4. Sigges personality. Golly I like that kid. He’s larger than life 9 times out of 10. And so different from everyone else in our family. I can’t even handle him and this brave heart battle cry face.
5. Middle school and Lucy. I worried so much. And I prayed a lot too. And she’s doing awesome in MS. She is clearly shining bright and we get to watch her grow and be happy and also struggle a little with some things and all of that is good.
6. Time with people you love and love you back. You can’t put a price tag on that.
7. Another thing going right: a cooler temperature and sten not home so I can sleep with the windows WIDE open. I snuggled right into my blankets and woke up 7 hours later feeling so happy and cozyyyyy.
8. A free night tonight. I’ll be changing sheets (Monday), baking cookies, Prepping some breakfasts and enjoying a lighted candle.
9. Having ZERO running obligations. Officially not signed up for anything at the present moment.
10. The last thing going right: eating an almond chocolate croissant yesterday at Swede Hollow after the race. I thought about that treat for the rest of the day and when I was eating my breakfast this morning I was wishing I saved just a taste for today.
You should take 10 minutes and think of all the things going right. Share your list with me. I love hearing happy things.
xo. edc.






Comments
Post a Comment