Our main girl celebrated 12.5.... how will I have a teenager in 6 months???? This chocolate cake was a winner of a recipe. Twas simple enough and the outcome was top notch. Lucy made a good choice in chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing-- the combo was delicious. Happy 1/2 Birthday sweet Lucy. ILYSM.
Started Saturday running in SHORTS for the first time. 11.1 miles at a ridiculously fast pace for a run with friends. All worth it for the chats and the smiles.
Stillwater was beautiful this morning.
Then we spent the.rest.of.the.day.outside.
We read, we ate lunch, we chalked, we basketballed, we jumped on the trampoline, we read some more, we went on multiple walks/ rollerblades and we SOAKED in allllllllll the 75 degree sun.
I finally went to the library... because I am trying really hard to be on my phone less and reading a book is a great distraction. This has been a good book so far!
Olle got a little sunburned. He probably shot 1,000 baskets today.
Tuesday we met Mom and Dad for some Pickleball at Pickle in the Middle. We were the ONLY people there. Midwest is a GHOST TOWN during spring break. Olle nearly broke a fence because he was so mad we were losing, Sigge started getting droopy and mopey and Lucy had a good attitude but really just wanted to listen to music and sing to herself...so I'd say it was a win! Spring Break gets longggggg.
Until! We packed up and went to Grandview Lodge. We needed a change of pace and this was perfect.

I packed stuff to make Quiche and Scones and our Thursday morning was delicious.
Kids did a lot of swimming....
I did a lot of outdoor hot-tubing.
Not pictured were lunches by the campfire, downtown Nisswa treats, March Madness brackets, Survivor viewing, walks, runs, and the kids' curled up in their room listening to a book before bed. They DO love each other.... sometimes.
Can't believe we start back up at school in 1 more day. Determined to finish strong. Spring Break 2026 was a good one.
xo. edc

















Comments
Post a Comment