October brings crisp temperatures and crisp leaves
And leaves behind hot days and picnic bees.
October brings everything pumpkin and lots of fright
And leaves behind early morning and evening light
October brings more schedule and routine
And leaves behind swimsuits, for which I am keen.
October brings baseball play-offs and Sunday football
And leaves behind camping, fishing and school shopping at the mall.
October brings new color to the trees
And leaves behind sidewalk chalk, bicycles and skinned up knees
October brings cute kids in costumes and lots of candy treats
And leaves behind patios and barbecued meats.
October, I like you, but I also am sad
Winter is on the way and that is bad.
Haven't written a poem in a long time! I'm smiling to myself because I know I will hear about this from Sten... :)
The last line of my poem is so true for me-- I really love fall, but the impending winter makes me want to cry!! I will just soak up these colorful, crisp days and pretend that this is going to be the most mild winter known to man.
Trading swimsuits for scarves and vests... Goodbye summer, I love you.
XO. edc
And leaves behind hot days and picnic bees.
October brings everything pumpkin and lots of fright
And leaves behind early morning and evening light
October brings more schedule and routine
And leaves behind swimsuits, for which I am keen.
October brings baseball play-offs and Sunday football
And leaves behind camping, fishing and school shopping at the mall.
October brings new color to the trees
And leaves behind sidewalk chalk, bicycles and skinned up knees
October brings cute kids in costumes and lots of candy treats
And leaves behind patios and barbecued meats.
October, I like you, but I also am sad
Winter is on the way and that is bad.
Haven't written a poem in a long time! I'm smiling to myself because I know I will hear about this from Sten... :)
The last line of my poem is so true for me-- I really love fall, but the impending winter makes me want to cry!! I will just soak up these colorful, crisp days and pretend that this is going to be the most mild winter known to man.
Trading swimsuits for scarves and vests... Goodbye summer, I love you.
XO. edc
Comments
Post a Comment