I can't believe October 1st is over 😕!! Now I don't have a race to look forward to. The Twin Cities Marathon was just the best. I felt strong and my head was clear. And I just kept thinking, I don't want this race to end.... well, until I got to the hills at mile 22. I'm not sure how I lucked out with the rain holding off, but I'm so glad it did. I loved my cheer squad along the course and crossing that finish line felt like pure joy.
I had so many emotions going into the day. I was super nervous and started to really doubt my training miles. I got to the race start early and the waiting was killing me. But as soon as we got into our corrals I could feel the adrenaline and I just knew I had it in me.
I was shooting for a 3:15, and ended up at 3:12:52. Average pace: 7:22. I feel like that's one of those numbers that will stick with me for a while. I found out yesterday that my name is in the Star Tribune for placing 43rd overall for women. I've always known running was important to me, but I think in this season of waiting and waiting for Midcurrent to start, I've felt the release from stress even more than before. It is like therapy for me.
My legs are back to normal and I hit the road yesterday for a slow 6 miles and re-lived the TCM :)
Thanks to my fam/friends for cheering me on and always supporting this passion of mine.
Until next time....
XO, erica
I had so many emotions going into the day. I was super nervous and started to really doubt my training miles. I got to the race start early and the waiting was killing me. But as soon as we got into our corrals I could feel the adrenaline and I just knew I had it in me.
I was shooting for a 3:15, and ended up at 3:12:52. Average pace: 7:22. I feel like that's one of those numbers that will stick with me for a while. I found out yesterday that my name is in the Star Tribune for placing 43rd overall for women. I've always known running was important to me, but I think in this season of waiting and waiting for Midcurrent to start, I've felt the release from stress even more than before. It is like therapy for me.
My legs are back to normal and I hit the road yesterday for a slow 6 miles and re-lived the TCM :)
Thanks to my fam/friends for cheering me on and always supporting this passion of mine.
Until next time....
XO, erica


Comments
Post a Comment