This has been a hard season for me, sometimes you can't explain why you're sad, but it just hits you like a ton of bricks. I know I am not alone in this feeling, but it is quite foreign to me. I have spent the last week trying to find the joy in my every day. In my family, in my home, in the fall colors, but some days I come up short. I have many friends who I love so dearly, and yesterday one of them came through for me in a big way. She texted me at 8 and said she'd be over to play with the kids at 9, so I should be ready to get out of the house to have some alone time and grab a coffee and just sit. It was such a gift. Such an amazing act of selflessness. She had listened when I said I wasn't doing so hot and this act of love resonated so deeply in me. It makes me tear up, just writing the words.
Sten and I often talk about all the ways God has blessed us. We have more than we need, and so much love within our home, that we hope it spills over into all the people we come in contact with. I was on the receiving end of a blessing yesterday and it just fuels my fire to find people who need a little love in their life. #passiton
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment