I have really good friends. Friends that check in, and ask how I am, and then when I'm honest that things aren't the best, take the time to ask more questions and answer with love and grace and honesty and challenge. last week I had been struck with a negative streak. I couldn't seem to
shake off all the "bad things" in my life. All the negatives of my
personality, and the million emotions I carry everyday. When I'm honest about these types of things, friends come through in a big way. One such friend reminded me to think back over a year and look at the ways God has been at work. We are going through a series at church right now on hope, and when talking about believing that God can still work miracles I failed to come up with an example in my own life. This didn't sit well with me. Did I not see the miracles? Are they not happening? Do I even believe miracles can happen? I am still wrestling with those questions, but I can say without a doubt that God has been on the move in my life over the last year. In case I ever doubt this again, or need a pick me up on a cold winter day, I want to list them out. In a big list, so I can see that God does move, does do big things, does answer prayers, and does even perhaps perform miracles.
- One year ago we had our last Sunday at Cedarbrook. We were blessed with so much support and love, and the foundation that we built at that church within our personal lives and our new family hold the sweetest memories for me.
- We sold our house
- We didn't have a house in Hudson yet and a super generous friend let us live in their home for more than a month, rent free.
- We met amazing people in Hudson.
- I prayed big prayers for people I wanted to be part of our launch team and they did.
- I specifically remember praying daily for a certain couple to be part of our team and on cinco de mayo of last year they called with a margarita in hand and said they were toasting to Midcurrent because they felt God wanted them there.
- Sten met with Jayme and Hailley and was instantly excited at the thought of partnering with these 2 awesome ladies, who know so many people in Hudson and have many connections.
- Jayme has been extremely generous with her space, and her loft alone has held many Midcurrent events, my favorite being cozy winter IF:table nights, where as women we gather to eat, and to go deep, sharing intimate details of life.
- Hailley has been a rockstar to our team and has loved our family so well. She introduced us to Mary, and these 2 girls have made my transition to life in Hudson eerily smooth.
- Our first launch team meeting we gathered in a huge room at the Pettis house, and introduced each other for the first time. Thinking about all the people there brings tears to my eyes. When I look back at the picture, how can I not believe in miracles? God took something that WAS NOT yet formed, and made it SOMETHING. A team of people ready to see movement and spiritual growth in this stunning town we now call home.
- We continued throughout this year to meet couples, who shared meals with us, and invited us into their lives. Families who welcomed us with open arms, and kids who feel like some of my own already.
- Our building. How much did we pray and worry and fret about a place to gather, only to be gifted the YMCA.
- The time that Sten biked to the YMCA to pray. Asking God for the steps down to the kids area to fall into place, and for them to allow Midcurrent to provide the labor and the materials to get that done, and much to his surprise the steps were COMPLETE. At no cost to us.
- The way our summer was a culmination of work and play, a sort of "calm before the storm" which allowed us to travel, and see people and move into this new town with ease.
- Our perfect house. With a master bathroom(!) and tons of space.
- Being close to my family and getting to see them on some of my dreary days. And also getting to see them on all the happy days, celebrating life through the ordinary of every day and the extravagance of birthdays, milestones, and holidays.
- Our first preview service, where the culmination of all the hard work over the summer paid off and we felt the high, high of so many people through our doors and the excitement of what was to come.
- The month of January which made everything feel official with a "no turning back" mentality. Our weekly services being in full swing and praying for "one new person, and one returning person" each week.
- Our team, who has continued to floor us with the way the give and serve SO freely. The way the leaders have led, and the teams have formed bonds.
- The way God has changed my heart for Children's ministry. How I see the gifts Gods given me to be used as a safe and approachable teacher to the littlest Midcurrent kids.
-How my kids ADORE our church. The way they react when its Sunday is pure joy and adoration, even though we are there 2 hours early and are always the last ones to leave.
- Easter. How the place was packed out, and I had 21 little people/ helpers in my birth-2 year old room.
- Our Spring Launch when the Y was open for climbing and people lingered after eating lunch and got to know and see new faces and make new connections.
- Our small group, which has blown me away. The vulnerability in our 'large, small group' has made me thankful for the trust people show in us, and the desire we all have for deeper connections.
- The kids in our small group (all 15 of them) who fill up our house, week after week and make it loud and full of life. Watching my kids make friends who they know and ask for by name has a way of making my heart super full.
- Today. When I look back at this list, knowing I could add a million more things, a million more reminders of God's goodness to us over the last year.
XO. edc.
- One year ago we had our last Sunday at Cedarbrook. We were blessed with so much support and love, and the foundation that we built at that church within our personal lives and our new family hold the sweetest memories for me.
- We sold our house
- We didn't have a house in Hudson yet and a super generous friend let us live in their home for more than a month, rent free.
- We met amazing people in Hudson.
- I prayed big prayers for people I wanted to be part of our launch team and they did.
- I specifically remember praying daily for a certain couple to be part of our team and on cinco de mayo of last year they called with a margarita in hand and said they were toasting to Midcurrent because they felt God wanted them there.
- Sten met with Jayme and Hailley and was instantly excited at the thought of partnering with these 2 awesome ladies, who know so many people in Hudson and have many connections.
- Jayme has been extremely generous with her space, and her loft alone has held many Midcurrent events, my favorite being cozy winter IF:table nights, where as women we gather to eat, and to go deep, sharing intimate details of life.
- Hailley has been a rockstar to our team and has loved our family so well. She introduced us to Mary, and these 2 girls have made my transition to life in Hudson eerily smooth.
- Our first launch team meeting we gathered in a huge room at the Pettis house, and introduced each other for the first time. Thinking about all the people there brings tears to my eyes. When I look back at the picture, how can I not believe in miracles? God took something that WAS NOT yet formed, and made it SOMETHING. A team of people ready to see movement and spiritual growth in this stunning town we now call home.
- We continued throughout this year to meet couples, who shared meals with us, and invited us into their lives. Families who welcomed us with open arms, and kids who feel like some of my own already.
- Our building. How much did we pray and worry and fret about a place to gather, only to be gifted the YMCA.
- The time that Sten biked to the YMCA to pray. Asking God for the steps down to the kids area to fall into place, and for them to allow Midcurrent to provide the labor and the materials to get that done, and much to his surprise the steps were COMPLETE. At no cost to us.
- The way our summer was a culmination of work and play, a sort of "calm before the storm" which allowed us to travel, and see people and move into this new town with ease.
- Our perfect house. With a master bathroom(!) and tons of space.
- Being close to my family and getting to see them on some of my dreary days. And also getting to see them on all the happy days, celebrating life through the ordinary of every day and the extravagance of birthdays, milestones, and holidays.
- Our first preview service, where the culmination of all the hard work over the summer paid off and we felt the high, high of so many people through our doors and the excitement of what was to come.
- The month of January which made everything feel official with a "no turning back" mentality. Our weekly services being in full swing and praying for "one new person, and one returning person" each week.
- Our team, who has continued to floor us with the way the give and serve SO freely. The way the leaders have led, and the teams have formed bonds.
- The way God has changed my heart for Children's ministry. How I see the gifts Gods given me to be used as a safe and approachable teacher to the littlest Midcurrent kids.
-How my kids ADORE our church. The way they react when its Sunday is pure joy and adoration, even though we are there 2 hours early and are always the last ones to leave.
- Easter. How the place was packed out, and I had 21 little people/ helpers in my birth-2 year old room.
- Our Spring Launch when the Y was open for climbing and people lingered after eating lunch and got to know and see new faces and make new connections.
- Our small group, which has blown me away. The vulnerability in our 'large, small group' has made me thankful for the trust people show in us, and the desire we all have for deeper connections.
- The kids in our small group (all 15 of them) who fill up our house, week after week and make it loud and full of life. Watching my kids make friends who they know and ask for by name has a way of making my heart super full.
- Today. When I look back at this list, knowing I could add a million more things, a million more reminders of God's goodness to us over the last year.
XO. edc.
What a faithful God! SO happy for all God has laid out in a year....and I pray I get to write "part 2" of this story at this time next year :-). Thankful to be in this together, Erica!
ReplyDelete