We spent our last Saturday morning at Panera and it was perfect and special and just what we needed. We played Spot It and Uno and the kids played with toys and we drank coffee and talked about baby and it felt so cozy sitting there, our little family unit, so familiar and carefree. It finally dawned on me this week that it was my last couple days just me, Lucy and Olle. We have our routine down and enjoy each other during our weekdays- and all of the sudden there’s going to be a big shift! Not sure how I missed this thought over the last 9 months.... but as we ran our errands today I was extra patient getting kids in and out of the car, buckling them up and reading endless books at the library. I just wanted to be with them and be present and I think I was, in a very intentional way. Tomorrow night the kids will sleep at grandma and grandpas house, so I was even sentimental about dinner and putting them to bed.... Such big changes we have around the bend!! Ready for them all!!! ❤️ xo. edc
We eeeked out every last drop until it was time to head back to school on Wednesday. Annual tradition trip to Lucette after Meet the Teacher is the photo above. Happy to report that everyone did great the first 3 days of school- although I don't know if we're quite ready for a full 5 day week starting tomorrow :) Sten took the boys to Michigan to go to his cousins daughters wedding and they did something that Sten introduced me to when we were dating and on staff together at PLCBC- diving for golf balls! The boys thought it was a blast and I love that they got a bright blue -sunny -skies day to make the water look turquoise and the ball finding easy. While the boys were gone Lucy and I whooped it up! We went to the first Hudson football game... Went to the Glenwood City Rodeo.... AND drove to Iowa to see Josiah Queen at the Iowa State Fair! Fun is an understatement to describe this little getaway and I feel so lucky we got to do this together. Then it was BACK TO REALITY! holy...



Comments
Post a Comment