I feel like the sun hasn't been out in so many days. I try really hard to embrace the gloomy days, but the truth is I am a person who needs sunshine in my life.
When I feel the gloom and doom I think it comes out in the way I treat those I love the most. I hate that. I wish it didn't. I wish I could run away the dreary-ness. Tie it up and ship it away.
The only thing that helps lift my mood sometimes is looking through pictures. I found this one of Sten and I on a less-than-24-hour getaway for our 7th anniversary after Olle was born. We stayed overnight in Chicago, ate lots of good food and walked around the city. I look at this and wonder-- how did I get so lucky. I love Sten and I wish I could transport to back to this table and wake up to a sunny day in the city!
xo.edc.
Comments
Post a Comment