Sten and I looked at each other last night at 5:40pm, after we had already finished dinner and the kids were fighting and crying and slamming doors and stomping upstairs and hanging on my clothes and needing help with homework and talking over each other and we said: what are we doing wrong???
Parenting is so hard.
I wish I could say we woke up this morning and everything was better, but the truth is it was still hard this morning. I don't know what we are doing wrong but I do know that I can be better and I want to be better and I want to be more present.
I made another pot of coffee, left my phone upstairs, and played LEGOs and catch and read books under blankets. Presence seems to help.
I know these kids are special and that time is flying by. So here is to being more present and trying a little harder. xo. edc.



Comments
Post a Comment