Sigge boy turned 6 yesterday! How can it be? My squishy little baby is now a lanky little boy. This year for his birthday he got:
- a new sketchbook with fancy pens
- the green Ninjago stuffy
- a hockey 🏒 stick
- water bottle
- lion 🦁 stuffy
The presents tell me: still little boy and also not a baby. 😭 He’s full of emotions, the best snuggler, so funny, so fun, so sweet, so mischievous, so creative and makes me so happy. I do NOT want him to grow up. It’s more a me thing then a him thing. I don’t want to exit the stage of little kids yet and I am knocking on the door, (if not already outside the door), of this stage. We celebrated with donuts, skating, Pier 500, and cake pops with presents.
Happy Birthday to our favorite 6yr old.
Next: Valentines Day
Our Valentine’s Day was spent with a dinner at home. It was so fun to have courses and a menu. It was cozy and special and my favorite. I made Marry Me Chicken and it was maybe the best thing I’ve cooked in a while. Perhaps the perfect dish for special occasions!
Last weekend Olle dominated on the basketball court scoring almost 1/2 of his team’s points. It was his second time ever playing an organized game of basketball on a team. I do not understand this kids level of athleticism.
I took the kids to the Hot Air Affair parade last Friday night and it was SO fun. Afterward, we met Mary and Jake at Hop and Barrel bc sten was playing and it was just a blast. Love when Hudson comes through with a great hometown activity!
And last but not least, my life has been filled with running snowy miles and it’s good, but also really really hard. I’m ready for clearer roads and warmer temps and not having to do speed work on a treadmill for hours. AND I’m also thankful for:
- Haley who will meet me for long runs and doesn’t care if we end up going 15 miles instead of our planned 14 miles.
- The Y and that I have a really nice gym to go to on freezing cold mornings
- My run club who keeps me motivated and encourages one another and also is such an excellent group of women who have high values and go after their goals.
- Strava. I love my connection with other runners and friends from different parts of the world.
- Sten who allows me to chase the things that make me feel alive. He never questions my sanity, only encourages me to go for it.
- Early mornings in the darkness when there are literally no cars out and I can turn off my headlamp and just run.
- Podcasts, audiobooks and music that get me through the solo runs.
- My legs. I’m thankful that God has given me strong legs, a good heart and an able body.
It’s birthday week. xo. edc.
















Comments
Post a Comment