Skip to main content

Lately= camp.staycation.summer beauty

Last week Lucy and Olle spent a week at Covenant Pines - where they experienced summer camp in the most magical way. So grateful for camping ministry and the incredible work of the people who pour into kids and teens all summer long. 



We planned on 2 nights at Bay Lake after dropping the kids off at camp, but the cabin was in rough shape and so we took advantage of a stay-cation instead. We pickleballed, biked, went out for dinner finished a show we had started and enjoyed all the kid-free time to the max! Sigge was sleeping over at a friend’s house and he also was having the time of his life - so truly it was a win-win for all. 

We biked 20 miles and then got food from the co-op and brews from River Siren and enjoyed a break off the bike seats (my poor butt!) first bike ride of the year and I COULD FEEL IT.

I love a good brewery picnic.
we finally checked Parlour off the list and the cocktails were perfect!


We also made it to The Lexington, where the little touch of taking a picture made us feel so special!

Sigge had Olen over and they fished, caught minnows, went paddle boarding and dug in the sand. 

Mary and I went for a weighted vest walk and it was awesome.

I picked up my flower CSA this week and it is GORGEOUS! This might be the highlight of my summer :)

We took Sigge on an adventure to the cities to check off a brewery-- he painted, we played games. It was super fun.

On our Saturday morning run, Mandy snapped this picture. It was the best part of our run, as it was quite possibly the worst run I've ever been on. Not sure if its the humidity, my body or  something else, but I haven't been feeling the best running this summer.

Olle beat me at Pickleball. Sad day.

We went to church on Sunday at Substance in Mpls and it was fun to try out a new place. The worship was awesome, the city was cool and it got us out of the house for a while :)

Nelson's with Gma and Gpa. A summer tradition.
Also- caprese grilled chicken with grilled sourdough bread and homemade bruschetta =summer in a meal. 
Andrea and I walked at Willow and we stopped to admire the view and were so grateful to spend time together Nature Bathing.

It has been a slow and also full and also different summer-- but oh so good as always. Grateful for this time and our family and our community.

xo. edc.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

goodbye summer 2026

I headed back to BHP today after what may have been the best summer ever. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was ready to go back I would have said no, but I think God does a good job of preparing our hearts for big changes if we allow him to, and I truly felt prepared walking into school today.  My classroom has a ways to go to be ready to welcome in students to meet the teacher night on Wednesday-- but I know I'll get there.  Routine is good, and I packed my lunch last night, laid out my clothes and after work today headed to the grocery before grilling up some chicken for dinner. I needed something to remind me that I love feeding my family well, being somewhat organized and nights at home after a day away. Here are some summer lasts: Mornings on the front porch with coffee + 1 kid + a game?!?!? THE BEST Also a LOT of Rummikub lately a Friday morning of cinnamon chip scones might be the best way to start the day family bike ride on the Brown's Creek Trail 12 miles w...

Wolfpack.

We had a good day with these lifetime friends of mine. PHS class of ‘04.  Linds is so good at getting everyone together. She planned this whole day and then everyone took the day off work/ got kids out of activities and sports and made the effort to see one another.  Friendship of 35 years is a true gift. I feel like these girls watched me grow up. From playing boxcar children in the basement to jr high shenanigans/ all the trips to Treasure Island to studying abroad together in Italy to visiting each others first homes/ attending weddings /welcoming in motherhood and most recently keeping up on Marco Polo I am thankful for these gals.     Recreating a picture from 7 yrs ago 😂  As we were saying our goodbyes we looked down and BURST into laughter. Must be a 40 yr old thing.  Memories upon memories with this crew.  xo. edc.   

Dan and Pam +

 One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.  This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.  Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!  Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂  Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha  The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.  Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...