Pretty girl.
We got the best news ever on Monday morning after Lucy's eye appointment. She only has to patch for TWO hours a day AND she can have lens implant surgery at anytime in the next year. This means no more patching and contacts in the VERY foreseeable future.
I am honestly in complete shock. I spent most of Monday sort of weepy and feeling full of gratitude for a God who has completely enveloped this little child of mine in protection. From the beginning of this process not a day went by that she was not brave and bold. I never felt like God had abandoned us, but rather we had been given a gift to see life through a different lens, through Lucy's lens. She never felt less than, she never felt different. She was secure in knowing that she was loved and she was special. I feel like we all walk around with patches and glasses, but only a few of us feel secure, knowing we are loved by God and He made us unique and special.
So, as this process nearly comes to a close, I can't wait to see how God continues to weave this into Lucy's story. She is our favorite little 4 year old and she is PERFECT.
xo. erica.
We got the best news ever on Monday morning after Lucy's eye appointment. She only has to patch for TWO hours a day AND she can have lens implant surgery at anytime in the next year. This means no more patching and contacts in the VERY foreseeable future.
I am honestly in complete shock. I spent most of Monday sort of weepy and feeling full of gratitude for a God who has completely enveloped this little child of mine in protection. From the beginning of this process not a day went by that she was not brave and bold. I never felt like God had abandoned us, but rather we had been given a gift to see life through a different lens, through Lucy's lens. She never felt less than, she never felt different. She was secure in knowing that she was loved and she was special. I feel like we all walk around with patches and glasses, but only a few of us feel secure, knowing we are loved by God and He made us unique and special.
So, as this process nearly comes to a close, I can't wait to see how God continues to weave this into Lucy's story. She is our favorite little 4 year old and she is PERFECT.
xo. erica.
Yay!! That is wonderful news!!!
ReplyDelete