If you’ve been around me, ever, you know that a common phrase out of my mouth is I was listening to this podcast..... It has actually become somewhat of a joke around certain people, and I can’t say that I don’t like it. 😉 I spend so much time running that sometimes music just doesn’t cut it, and I like filling my mind with new and interesting ideas and concepts. One of my favorite podcasts is the Happier podcast by Gretchin Rubin. I think it has literally changed my life by making habits a more enjoyable part of my day to day living.
Of course this is where I got the idea for 18 in 2018. 18 goals you want to achieve this year. It doesn’t seem daunting to me, instead it feels like a challenge to conquer and a better person to become in the process.
My list is as follows:
- Complete WHOLE30 ✔️
- Create margin in my life so I’m less in a hurry and can do things I want to do.
- Be my family’s biggest cheerleader.
- Reserve drinking for special occasions/ celebrations
- Send out 2 snail mails a month (✔️so far)
- Make a 2018 Shutterfly book
- Start a dinner club
- De clutter 1 box per month(✔️so far)
- Run one 5k and one 1/2 marathon
- Paint the spots in our bathroom
- Schedule family dental appointments by the end of February
- Schedule eye appt for me.
- 10 dates this year with Sten (first one this weekend!)
- Make a will
- Go to a state park 1x each month (✔️ so far)
- Improve my yoga skills
- Mount our tv
- Regular text threads with my sister-in-laws and my HS friends to keep in contact better ( SIL ✔️)
- Go camping
- Be more mindful of social media in February by deleting apps that are time suckers and never be on my phone (except to talk or respond to text messages) around my kids.
- Have people over for dinner on Tuesday nights. (✔️so far)
- Change out pictures in our frames.
I feel all of these are manageable, but also provide that push I need to get things done. I am excited to report back with my progress.
Cheers to 18 in 2018! xo. EDC
Comments
Post a Comment