I’m so aware of this stage of life and how weird it looks. Sometimes Sten works from home, sometimes he’s at multiple coffee shops a day, there’s no full “day off” anymore, as he’s often practicing his message on Friday/Saturday. But I’m trying to embrace it a little better, to move and navigate in the positives of what his job looks like at this stage of the game.
Yesterday I was so in need of some me time. Sten knew it and asked if I wanted to go out for a run while Olle napped and he could get some work done from home. It was like a present had been handed to me and I accepted it, fully. Sometimes I think other people know what I need more than I do. I had so much pent up energy I ran 10 miles at a 7:10 pace in the glorious sunshine. I didn’t have music and instead my thoughts focused on my family, on my upcoming birthday and on what life is for us right now. Kind of hard, but so so good.
I had wet, slushy shoes when I walked in the door and I felt like a new person. More than ready to love others better— my family most of all.
XO. edc
Comments
Post a Comment