It’s crazy to think of the people we barely knew 1 year ago, and how now they are the people whom our kids get excited to see, and we show up to their houses and walk right in.
Last night we went to Pettis Fest, where we ate delicious food, chatted and watched our kids run around for hours. There were lots of baby bumps, lots of littles and a whole slew of big kids, just being kids. We finished off the night sitting front row on lawn chairs listening to Nathan Anderson under the twinkling lights with tiki torches lit. These are the nights that make friends, friends. I watched Olle run around in the dark with his big buddies, and anytime he would get hurt one of them would kindly walk my crying little boy over for a quick snuggle and then he’d run off again, ready to play, not wanting to miss out on the fun. It makes me happy to think about the fact that these are the boys Olle will learn from, look up to-- those that include him in play and care enough to take a break when he’s hurt. These families already mean a lot to me and I can’t wait to see how our relationships deepen over the next several years.
I should have snapped some more pics bc it truly was a perfect night. If we didn’t have littles we would have stayed until wayyyy too late. As we were leaving I asked Lucy if she had fun and who her favorite person to play with was and she said: I had so much fun! I can’t pick a favorite-- everyone! đŸ’• I felt the same way.
xo. edc
Comments
Post a Comment