I just spent way too much time going through baby pictures of Lucy, and settled on this one for some reason. Look at this little chunky bundle:
One thing that is evident in EVERY single picture is how much Sten and I thought (and still think) she was the absolute best. Without a doubt, this girl has been doted on, oooo'ed and ahhhh'd over since the day she was born. I also clearly had way too much time on my hands, because there isn't a single picture where she isn't dressed to perfection and looks freshly bathed. (I can't say the same is true anymore).
I can't believe she heads to school next week, and then turns 5 a couple short weeks later. There is something about FIVE that seems much bigger than all the other birthdays. I think just because I've changed so much in 5 years. I feel like a completely different person-- so often motherhood brings out the best in people, and I think that is *partially* true of me, but it has also shown me how selfish I am with my time and the way I expend my energy. How much I crave time completely alone and how much I need adult interaction in my day. I know this all will pass so quickly and then I'll be wishing I wasn't wishing this time away.
As Lucy heads to school next week, I have no doubt she will be a light to each and every person she comes in contact with. She is full of kindness, she exudes self-confidence, and her mind is really something special. I hope her new teacher and friends get to see all sides of her, and fall in love with her the same way we did 5 years ago.
xo. edc
One thing that is evident in EVERY single picture is how much Sten and I thought (and still think) she was the absolute best. Without a doubt, this girl has been doted on, oooo'ed and ahhhh'd over since the day she was born. I also clearly had way too much time on my hands, because there isn't a single picture where she isn't dressed to perfection and looks freshly bathed. (I can't say the same is true anymore).
I can't believe she heads to school next week, and then turns 5 a couple short weeks later. There is something about FIVE that seems much bigger than all the other birthdays. I think just because I've changed so much in 5 years. I feel like a completely different person-- so often motherhood brings out the best in people, and I think that is *partially* true of me, but it has also shown me how selfish I am with my time and the way I expend my energy. How much I crave time completely alone and how much I need adult interaction in my day. I know this all will pass so quickly and then I'll be wishing I wasn't wishing this time away.
As Lucy heads to school next week, I have no doubt she will be a light to each and every person she comes in contact with. She is full of kindness, she exudes self-confidence, and her mind is really something special. I hope her new teacher and friends get to see all sides of her, and fall in love with her the same way we did 5 years ago.
xo. edc
Comments
Post a Comment