I’m looking forward to this month for lots of reasons. It’s Lucy’s 5th birthday, she starts school, we have our fall kick off at church, and our women’s retreat at the end of the month. I think my whole life will fall a little more into place as a schedule must be had and routine must be put into practice. My life for the last 5 years as a SAHM has been a lot of "what should we do today?" so this is a big change for us.
The nights have been a little cooler around here and Sten and I finally sat out on the porch the other night. I want to do a lot of evening porch sits this month, as well as staying motivated to meal plan and feed my family healthy things. Lastly, I want to find time for me, and not be afraid to ask for it. Sten gave me the morning off yesterday and I felt so rejuvenated. I hate putting more on someone else’s plate, but I know I have to in order to stay sane. My last September "to-do" is make my way up to 20 miles, I was on 15 this weekend and ended up doing 16, so I am well on my way. The gradual increase over the last 8 weeks have been keeping me motivated and getting me out the door Saturday mornings. Some weeks are easier than others. 😬
Last night we dropped the kids off at the Johnsons and headed out to Midcurrent’s first wedding! It was fun to get dressed up and I loved watching everyone love Sten do his thing. Also, the kids had the time of their lives playing nonstop with the Johnson kids. I love when the kids love other people’s families and feel totally safe and excited to be in a different place. All that to say-- I’m excited for many more weddings over the next many years!
XO, edc
Happy September! I agree- it will be so nice to have a routine. And look at you in that dress! Congratulations! ❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel! Happy homeschooling start to you! You rock! :)
Delete