The last week and a half has been a blur of Kleenex, wrapping paper, Lysol, LEGO’s, more wrapping paper, Christmas services, toast and more toast. I caught the influenza and then Sten came tumbling down after. Having the 2 adults in the house down for the count the week of Christmas is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. We survived on toast and movies and the small amount of Christmas cheer we could muster. I haven’t felt so sick in a long time and it’s crazy how when you feel so terrible you can’t even function long enough to peel an orange for your child. I literally am not sure where the days went, but we spent them trying to get healthy and I think Sten and I made a really good team. All 3 kids are still alive and despite Sigge choosing the worst possible time to start crawling, he didn’t pull the tree down or choke on one of the thousand tiny LEGO pieces the kids have sprawled everywhere.
If you read my Christmas update and thought to yourself: “wow, that family really has it all together!” I wish you could have witnessed us this week at our low. Next time I’ll take better documentation!
 |
| Look at this buddy! My sisters phone takes the best pictures! |
I am certain this is a Christmas we will never forget!
Amongst the sickness here are a few happy moments:
 |
| We went to Panera |
 |
| I made Nancy’s Swedish cardamom coffee bread |
 |
| lucy got another LEGO set :) |
Praying 2020 starts better than 2019 is ending! xo. edc
Comments
Post a Comment