I’m experiencing the quietest portion of my day as I put Sigge to sleep. I’m enjoying this moment of not trying to rush to the next thing, but instead holding my sleeping baby just a little while longer. I thought this is how motherhood would be. Instead, if motherhood was a pie chart mine would be 1% snuggles, 99% everything else.
Today I started off on the wrong foot, and though I tried really hard and intentionally to bring myself back to a place of peace and joy, I struggled. I snapped at Sten this morning, I yelled at Sigge while he was moaning endlessly, and I pushed off reading books to poor little Olle who was just an innocent bystander of the whole thing.
But I’m ending the night well. Enjoying my sleepy baby, an early bedtime for the big kids and the promise of tomorrow. xo. edc.
Today I started off on the wrong foot, and though I tried really hard and intentionally to bring myself back to a place of peace and joy, I struggled. I snapped at Sten this morning, I yelled at Sigge while he was moaning endlessly, and I pushed off reading books to poor little Olle who was just an innocent bystander of the whole thing.
But I’m ending the night well. Enjoying my sleepy baby, an early bedtime for the big kids and the promise of tomorrow. xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment