Last week Sten played his first gig at 45th Parallel! It was so fun to watch him practice, prepare and execute a very successful night! He sounded awesome and everyone loved him (obviously).
I recently listened to a podcast where they talked about re-igniting a childhood (or lost) hobby and how this can be so good for our sense of self. It brings back a little whimsy into our daily routine and rituals and adds an element of interest and intrigue. Sten did this without even knowing it! He added a hobby back into his life that brings him joy and brings the people around him joy.
It got me thinking what my lost hobby would be. I used to color and doodle and wrote letters much more than I do now. Is that it? I also used to love fashion and design— both of which have completely taken a backseat to motherhood. But it really has made me wonder. I want to stay an interesting person and I think hobbies make you interesting.
I am going to ponder this more and work on it!
Way to go Sten. I am proud of you and can’t wait for your next gig so I can sit front and center and cheer you on! xo. edc.



Comments
Post a Comment