What have I been doing all summer??? Getting ready to open the doors of our NEW Midcurrent Space. And can I just say, I can't believe that most of the hard work is behind us. However, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to document this rare and crazy time of my life.
I worked SO many hours on this mural. It brought so much joy to my life and although trying to find places for my kids to hang out while painting was extremely difficult, the times when I was in there all alone painting away will always bring back wonderful memories of what was about to happen in our new church home. It makes me tear up just thinking about it.
The 2 weeks of preparation for our new building were full of ups and downs.
Ups:
- watching so many people come together to put ikea furniture together, clean, line chairs, unpack boxes, clean more, set up nooks, hang pictures, unpack markers, fill bins, set up desks, troubleshoot technology, figure out coffee pots, build stages and sound booths, string cords, check sound, attend trainings, give so much time and money, clean more.... it was the purest form of the body of Christ working together. I felt like the luckiest person in the world to have a front row seat to the ways that people stepped up and gave so freely.
- witnessing God answering prayers. This one came in the form of something I wasn't expecting. but my kids were TAKEN CARE OF. Sten and I were beyond busy, spending so many hours at that place I'm so glad we didn't track. and although I know they missed the normalcy of our day to day life, they never once didn't have a place to be, a person to play with or a babysitter to love them. It actually makes me cry to know we have so many people that love our kids. We don't deserve it, but I am so thankful and I hope we never once take it for granted. It is one of the greatest gifts in our life right now.
- watching SO many people walk through those doors on Sunday morning and seeing their face light up as they took in our new space
- hearing that kids were crying as they left MC Kids because they didn't want go home and leave their new awesome space designed just for them
- watching all the people hanging around after the service talking, and not having to put away or stack a single chair, or pack a bin or wheel a cart into the trailer!
- letting our kids pick the activity on Sunday afternoon and treating them to a day to say thank you for their flexibility over the last few weeks.
- having our staff meeting in our conference room!
- thinking about all of the exciting things to come!
it's only the beginning! xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment