I’m happiest when …
- I’m running hard and my muscles feel fresh. When the sun is hitting my skin and I feel like I’m flying. There’s not a care circling around my brain nor a list of what needs to be done. When I’m running hard, but it feels easy, everything seems to shed off me. I leave all my problems on the road and tell myself I am the fastest runner in the world
- I notice for the first time that the days are getting longer. These are the days when we mix up an old fashioned and bring the Lego bin outside and a football and possibly even a book. And sometimes we stay outside too long and I don’t have time to fix dinner and so we throw in a frozen pizza. We are all so stuffed of spring time and fresh air that we are happy, and bedtime is easy and life feels somewhat like I imagine heaven to feel like.
- A plan is made to see people I love. Whether it is just our family of 5, extended family, or friends, the idea of a gathering gets me excited. I like to host, and although I get self conscious about the fact that our ice machine doesn’t work and after 4 years we still don’t have trim or a vent under our cupboards (90% done is the new 100%) I always feel good when my house is full and people are eating and music is playing and kids are laughing.
- It’s me and Sten at the spot. Especially when we have lots to catch up on. I know he’d prefer to go out, but I am a homebody and I love our brown chairs and the rug we picked out together. I love this place in our home so much.
- The sun is shining and there is not a cloud in the sky.
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment