Not even sure where the week went. But suddenly it’s Saturday. This usually means pancakes for us, but Olle requested homemade waffles and I forgot that those are significantly more work. Phew ๐ฎ๐จ
This week:
Met my HS friends on Valentine's Day. Linds was in town from TX for a funeral and even tho it was the snowiest night of the year, it felt good to be together. Missing the Bana twins— hopefully a big reunion happens soon. Also— 20 years since graduating high school— WHATTTTT??I have never felt so seen.
Post library haul. When all 3 are reading, life is good.
Heart shaped pizza. This would have been better on the grill, but it was snowing.
Wowza! We finally got some snow and the kids have been having SO much fun. ๐คฉ I love watching them play outside in the snow. It makes them look so young and carefree.
Sigge and I spent an hour on these ๐คช It was my birthday gift to him— to sit down and draw without ever getting up to do anything else. Sigges a quality time guy and so we did just that on his special day.
This song reminds me of Sten so much. If you’ve never heard it, you should go look it up. The lyrics are amazing. He just left for Colorado and we’re going to miss him this week. Me most of all. Yesterday Sigge and I were folding clothes and he goes: Who is your favorite in our family? And I said: who do you think? And he said: Dad, because you married him ❤️
Sigge is right.
Last— I asked the kids last night if I could go for a run super early with Haley, I told them they wouldn’t even know I was gone bc I’d be back before they woke up. It was “feels like -5” but you know when your spouse is gone and you’re not going to have a single minute to yourself the rest of day??? You take any opportunity you can for your mental health. So a 5am -5 run it was. And it was GOOD FOR THE SOUL. We got to see the sunrise and work on our mental game while we were uncomfortable with the cold weather/many layers. 11 miles of pure joy.
Cheers to a week of solo parenting and a positive attitude ♥️
xo.edc.








Comments
Post a Comment