I was surprised this morning to find out that people don’t necessarily like the month of February. WHAT?!?? I was defending the month with all my might. Then I realized the reasons I love it have everything to do with me.
1. My birthday
2. Sigges birthday
3. A holiday with little expectation: Valentine’s Day
For these reasons + the fact that it is the shortest month (I guess I like unique things) I love February! And we’re nearly halfway through it somehow.
Other things that have surprised me lately:
- How much I am enjoying reading The Secret Garden to Lucy. It’s often me asking her if she wants to read. Not the other way around
- How much a new pair of shoes can really add a little extra pep in your step. I got some new boots last week and every time I wear them I feel so good.
- How much fun packages are. We had a few people over for the Super Bowl and someone brought prizes and when I won a bingo and was handed a paper bag stapled shut, I got excited about what would be in there.
- My birthday list. I have been adding to my Amazon wish list and think it’s surprising that I want things like: a glass measuring cup and mini tongs, and a steel pizza stone. I guess that means 38 will be full of food.
- Sigge. He’s always surprising me with snuggles just when I need them most
- Back rub exchanges. Sten I did this a couple nights ago and I could not stop laughing.
- When all the sudden it’s 6:30am and I see a little glimmer of sun! The days are getting longer
- Perhaps the biggest surprise came in the form of an envelope I was given on Friday night by my family for my upcoming birthday. In it was a flight to AZ to visit my parents while they are there at the end of the month!!!!!!!!
Surprises. How do I feel about them? The ones listed above are welcomed. The last one I feel very conflicted about. It’s an extravagant present that I really do not deserve. I was in complete shock and even now I tear up thinking about it. I don’t feel worthy of this. But I am so so thankful. And excited.
Another Friday afternoon with these guys. Means a good start to the weekend.
Sigges 5th Birthday with cousins. What a lucky dude. Also, why is he 5?!?
xo. edc.


Comments
Post a Comment