How am I writing a Christmas post?? Didn't 2025 just start? Here are the things that brought me joy this year:
Our kids are big and not babies anymore. and while I am mourning that phase being over (daily) I am LOVING every single part of seeing who God is shaping these 3 awesome kids to be.
Lucy (12) is in Middle School! 6th grade has been so good to her. She has tried ALL the things. Including: Cross Country, trying out (and making) a play, being in an extra choir, and writing club. I think the highlight of her fall has been attending youth group with all her friends. Lucy is the kindest kid in the world. She is an easy companion and Sten and I love everything about watching her grow up. She is a true beauty inside and out.
Olle (10) is in 4th grade and is the coolest guy. He continues to dominate at every sport he tries. He is a great friend, a leader wherever he goes and if he could spend all day everyday playing/talking or watching sports he would. In the summer you will find him kayaking around the lake catching bass like a boss and loving life.
Sigge (6) is in 1st grade and if you ask him who the smartest person in his class is, without hesitation he will say himself. He does not lack confidence or jokes. He loves being effortlessly funny and he spreads joy everywhere he goes. He is still very into drawing, he also loves to fish and this year he enjoyed flag football with his pals. Sigge will always be my baby and he puts an instant smile on my face every time I see him.
Perhaps my biggest moment this year was finishing my first ultra. I ran 50 miles in 7 hours and 49 minutes and came in 3rd overall. And while I said I would never do that again, I should know by now to never say never. 😉 I continue to teach preschool, where I receive endless hugs, play a lot of pretend, use up a lot of bandaids and remind my kids daily how much Jesus loves them. Midcurrent continues to grow. It’s been an extraordinary season for us and I feel so much joy having a front row seat in watching Sten do what God made him to do.
Watching my kids have fun was my top joy this year. Whether it was playing with friends, on a sports team, at church with their pals or with cousins at camp or the cabin- witnessing them experiencing joy has been THE BEST.
We rented a boat for tubing on our big family trip to Georgia this summer and I smiled and laughed the entire 4 hours. This was perhaps the highlight of my year.
We didn't spend as much time at Bay Lake, because the little cabin kept running into problem after problem this summer and is getting torn down in 2026. And although we have all shed tears over this, the amount of joy this cabin has brought our family over the years will cover any of the pain of saying goodbye to it.
Sten and I celebrated 17 years in November and each anniversary I reminded how grateful I am that we continue to choose each other, make time for each other and find joy in life together.
Thankful this year gave us so many opportunities for joy. Grateful for my family for loving me so well, for friends who make life interesting and exciting, for meaning and purpose in my job and at our church and for Jesus who brought light into this world 2000 years ago.
Merry Christmas!
xo. edc.










Comments
Post a Comment