My day started yesterday taking Lucy to Starbucks to use a gift card she got on a $7 peppermint mocha (when did these get so expensive?). I like taking her to school. Lucy’s an easy companion. She doesn’t require much. Just your presence.
My girl.
I hadn’t run my 2 miles, so after school, in between wrapping presents, and before dropping Sigge off at a birthday party I got downstairs and did a treadmill run to keep my “Runcember” streak alive. It felt good. And the boys came down to shoot hoops while I ran, so I didn’t feel like I was alone in the basement.
I ended up giving Sigge a bath after his birthday party and it had been so long since I had given a bath I realized. It actually made my eyes sting with tears as I thought about how I spent 7 years in this house giving baths and now I just don’t. My kids are old. And they can wash themselves. After getting Sigge all clean he asked for the toy bucket. And he stayed in the bath and played until he was all prune-y. and I was the happiest mom, knowing that I still have a kid little enough to get prune-y in the tub.
And also I have a kid old enough to pay for her own Starbucks drink before school.
What is this life?
xo. edc.




Comments
Post a Comment