As of Saturday I'm officially 32. As I sit here and type, I'm wearing leggings I bought my freshman year of college for rowing, a free church planting t-shirt, and this sweatshirt I got from my mom for Christmas that I wear roughly 6/7 days a week. This is me. I am a stay at home mom, who runs, is a church planter wife, and opts for sunny summer days over winter. My biggest worries are: if I'm spending enough/quality time with my kids, if my life is honoring to God, and what I am going to do with the rest of my life (not necessarily in that order). My greatest joy is watching my kids run to Sten when he gets home from work, knowing that they feel as secure in our little family as I do. My heart leaps when I see my kids confidence in a task at hand, or when they are oozing with happiness when we dance in the kitchen. My heart aches when anyone is hurting, I can cry at the drop of a hat, and my empathetic spirit has made me into the person I am today. I have loved being in my 30s. I heard it was going to be a good decade, but I never knew it would promote more self confidence than self doubt, more joy, than pain, and more contentedness than desire. There's also been some bumps, mainly this new sense of pesky anxiety that has crept in recently, unwanted, and unexpected. But, overall, I am happy to be 32. Excited to see what this year will bring me, what kind of person I'll be when I turn 33. I hope I'm wearing the same leggings from 2004, and this super comfy sweatshirt, but if for some reason, I'm not, I am confident that with each year I age, I get closer to the person God wants me to be, and that brings a lot of peace.
cheers to 32. xo. edc.
cheers to 32. xo. edc.

Happy Birthday - find adventure everywhere this year and enjoy wearing out your sweatshirt and leggings ! Love love love reading your blogs ! They bless my life -you bless my life !!
ReplyDelete