Do I mention that the weeks go by really fast every week?? Because I definitely feel it. I feel like I was JUST leaving for the Midcurrent Women's Retreat, but that was a whole week ago.... Anyway, this week was a blur, without very many pictures taken, but with lots of home time, lots of Sigge naps and a sweet playdate yesterday morning.
Here's a recap of my FAVS this week:
1// The Breathe Retreat. The weekend started out with a relaxing car ride with Mary and Hailley. We rarely get to catch up without kids around, so 2.5 hours of uninterrupted car time, was seriously the highlight for me. I enjoyed the retreat and learning more about the enneagram as I feel like it gives words to me as a person. God answered our prayers and friendships were formed, bonds deepened and He was DEFINITELY at work in the lives of the women over the weekend.
2// This sweet note I found when I opened up Lucy's backpack the other day. "I love you mom because you make me happy. Love Lucy" ...equipped with a stick figure drawing of: lucy. heart. mom. Wish she knew how much joy that note brought me.
Here's a recap of my FAVS this week:
1// The Breathe Retreat. The weekend started out with a relaxing car ride with Mary and Hailley. We rarely get to catch up without kids around, so 2.5 hours of uninterrupted car time, was seriously the highlight for me. I enjoyed the retreat and learning more about the enneagram as I feel like it gives words to me as a person. God answered our prayers and friendships were formed, bonds deepened and He was DEFINITELY at work in the lives of the women over the weekend.
I spent a GREAT deal of my time in the kitchen (the happiest place on earth).
communion night is my favorite. who doesn't love a table of bread, cheese and wine? I love Rita's philosphy on this: Communion can be a party!
We spent Saturday night letting go of all the things that hold us back, we threw those things in the fire and then celebrated the life that God has for us-- the best is yet to come!
I got to read my book in peace, in the sun looking at the lake for what felt like FOREVER.
2// This sweet note I found when I opened up Lucy's backpack the other day. "I love you mom because you make me happy. Love Lucy" ...equipped with a stick figure drawing of: lucy. heart. mom. Wish she knew how much joy that note brought me.
3// Survivor is back. One of my FAVORITE things to do with Sten is watch Survivor. We both think it is going to be a spectacular season.
4// My last long run was over the weekend and it felt so good. I am beyond excited for Marathon Sunday! I just wrote up my entire plan from Saturday morning through 26.2, and I have confidence that I will love racing-- if nothing else, it has to be easier than running this race last year at 20 weeks pregnant. :) I also wore all of my race shirts from the last few years all week long... haha. I am in full race SPIRIT!
happy weekend. xo. edc.





Comments
Post a Comment