I’ve been chatting with my college roomie on polo lately. She’s consistently been a person in my life that’s been present. We both got married young, lived in the city before having kids, then had babies at the same time. You can’t not love Kate. She makes this world a better place just by her open heart and ability to be so THERE for the people she cares about.
College friends are so different. When you got to know someone by living with them, it speeds up the process and forces you to figure things out as you go. Getting to know people as an adult you have to put in a lot of hours and even then, you’re not forced to see that person when you return home from class, so time goes on until you make time again.
I wonder if people would say:
- My college/high school friendships are deeper because I really DID life with them
- My now adult friendships are deeper because I had to consistently put in the effort and had to CHOOSE to get to know them throughout multiple years.
Boating in door county




Comments
Post a Comment