I think it was my friend Jenny who said a photo really doesn’t always have meaning until a couple years later and I find that to be more and more true as the kids get older. When snapping this picture I never thought it’d be one that I keep on my phone for years to come but as I swiped through the archives today and saw it I instantly was back at that muggy buggy campsite with kids who were ready for some adventure and a lot of stick carving. Olle was at his “best self” on this trip and was all in for whatever camping entailed. I love this photo. The kids’ little bodies, Lucy’s knobbly knees, olles hot white hair and these camping chairs that I just love with all my heart but really are not that comfortable.
Carving sticks, bare feet, happy heart. Love these kids of mine. xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment