Her new vocabulary was one of my favorite stages. She’d string sentences together while we’d be home alone together and I’d look around in disbelief— thinking, did anyone else just witness my genius child?!
She was brave in new situations and paved the way by going to preschool and then Kindergarten, riding the bus like the big kid she was. Now I see her at school and think to myself: 4th graders are HUGE, how does she navigate these large children and rigorous curriculum?
She’s the kindest human I know with an endless amount of patience for her brothers and always seeks out the one who needs a friendly smile. She’d give me her most prized possession (I know she would) because that’s just who she is.
She’s always had an imagination that takes her places and it continues to come out when she spins stories to tell with her cousins or the hours she spends in her room playing Barbies.
She loves Jesus and knows what it means to have a relationship with him. She cares deeply about her faith and will be the first one there on a Sunday and the last to leave and still has a pep in her step- humming a church song or telling us what she learned.
I love this girl so much and being her mom has been one of the greatest joys of my life. I’m praying this next decade is full of her becoming even more confident of who she is and the light she offers this world. God knew we needed a Lucy Jane in this world and I can’t believe He entrusted her to us. We don’t take it for granted!
Shine your light Lucy! Happy 10th Birthday to you
xo. edc.
ps here’s her birth post and here’s another milestone



Comments
Post a Comment