Gosh, I love this girl. She's a fierce, and fire-y 4.5 year old and I wouldn't change a single thing about her. She loves every girly thing she can get her little fingernail polished hands on, and will talk your ear off about princesses or teenagers any day of the week. She's still so little, yet feels so old, maybe because she's our first and so everything she does feels like she shouldn't be able to do that yet... She loves sounding out words, and is convinced I'm wrong when I tell her cute starts with a "C" and not a "Q". She still loves dress up and her babies, and playing family. She can still take inanimate objects and make them come to life before your very eyes, creating an alternative life. Have I documented that she has a whole other family? Where her dad is named "StopSign" and her sister is a teenager who tells her that the way to check if your nail polish is dry is to lick it? She makes our lives pink-er, happy-er, and loud-er, more tender, and 1,000x more interesting.
How often did my parents wonder what I'd do with my life? Who I would be, who I would marry, what I would become? I wonder this about Lucy, everyday. She was made by God for a very special purpose and I am just giddy to find out what she will do with the MILLION gifts He has given her.
We love you Lucy. You embody your name as someone who brings LIGHT. xo. edc.
How often did my parents wonder what I'd do with my life? Who I would be, who I would marry, what I would become? I wonder this about Lucy, everyday. She was made by God for a very special purpose and I am just giddy to find out what she will do with the MILLION gifts He has given her.
We love you Lucy. You embody your name as someone who brings LIGHT. xo. edc.
| making sure her gold painted toenails are dry. |
Comments
Post a Comment