We've always loved having people over, and the fact that we designated an entire room to our 1 piece of adult furniture is telling of our priorities. A dining room was a must when house hunting in Hudson. One home that we almost bought wouldn't have fit our beloved TABLE, and the idea of parting with it was unimaginable for me. Our home feels like a home because of the meals we've shared around our table and the people who we've been able to get to know over carnitas, pizza, curry and enchiladas.
I can't even remember when/why we decided Tuesday would be our night to have people over, but it was a good decision and one I'm glad that we continue to make week after week. I love the way it has become so a part of our life. Lucy asks to set the table and tells me where everyone will sit. She said to Olle last week while I was getting things ready and Olle needed something: "Buddy, mom is getting ready for our company." I love that they are seeing and realizing that having people over is so fun, and the more you do it the less intimidating it becomes.
Last week we had the Norman's over. Kyle and I grew up in youth group together, and I hadn't really seen him much since highschool. I hadn't really met his wife formally, and had never met his 2 daughters. They just moved to Hudson, and came to Midcurrent on Sunday. I invited them over for dinner, and the night just flew by, catching up/ getting to know eachother, while our kids played dress up upstairs for hours. It felt right. This is what life is supposed to be about, I'm convinced of it. Significant conversation rarely happens over text messages, but rather across the table over a cozy dinner.
I get so lost in the moment that I never remember to snap a picture until the dishes are cleared, and the company is gone. But on Tuesday night, after our friends left, Sten and I sat at the island and talked about how we hope our kids grow up knowing that letting people in, and feeding them, is one of the greatest ways to be a blessing.
XO. edc.
I can't even remember when/why we decided Tuesday would be our night to have people over, but it was a good decision and one I'm glad that we continue to make week after week. I love the way it has become so a part of our life. Lucy asks to set the table and tells me where everyone will sit. She said to Olle last week while I was getting things ready and Olle needed something: "Buddy, mom is getting ready for our company." I love that they are seeing and realizing that having people over is so fun, and the more you do it the less intimidating it becomes.
Last week we had the Norman's over. Kyle and I grew up in youth group together, and I hadn't really seen him much since highschool. I hadn't really met his wife formally, and had never met his 2 daughters. They just moved to Hudson, and came to Midcurrent on Sunday. I invited them over for dinner, and the night just flew by, catching up/ getting to know eachother, while our kids played dress up upstairs for hours. It felt right. This is what life is supposed to be about, I'm convinced of it. Significant conversation rarely happens over text messages, but rather across the table over a cozy dinner.
I get so lost in the moment that I never remember to snap a picture until the dishes are cleared, and the company is gone. But on Tuesday night, after our friends left, Sten and I sat at the island and talked about how we hope our kids grow up knowing that letting people in, and feeding them, is one of the greatest ways to be a blessing.
XO. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment