Remember when friends used to make you mixed cds?
I took Sten’s car to the Y this morning and found a CD he made for a trip we took to Michigan while we lived in Chicago. Pre-kids, so he had time to put together playlists like this. It’s mostly scratched at this point but I got so giddy listening to the songs he chose. Mostly because there were some sweet love songs and the story I was telling myself was that he picked those out especially for me. It made me feel special and my drive home from the Y was filled with all the memories of our road trip to Michigan. We most likely ate a million starbursts and I specifically remember living on PB and J sandwiches so we could spend our money on wineries instead #priorities. I kinda wish people still made mix CDs. It feels like such an act of love to select songs specifically for someone and that tangible item is one of significant value!
Our trip to Michigan was a dream. And feels like a lifetime ago. Thankful that it’s documented here.
What a great way to start my day— a scratched mixed 💿 CD. ♥️♥️♥️
I took Sten’s car to the Y this morning and found a CD he made for a trip we took to Michigan while we lived in Chicago. Pre-kids, so he had time to put together playlists like this. It’s mostly scratched at this point but I got so giddy listening to the songs he chose. Mostly because there were some sweet love songs and the story I was telling myself was that he picked those out especially for me. It made me feel special and my drive home from the Y was filled with all the memories of our road trip to Michigan. We most likely ate a million starbursts and I specifically remember living on PB and J sandwiches so we could spend our money on wineries instead #priorities. I kinda wish people still made mix CDs. It feels like such an act of love to select songs specifically for someone and that tangible item is one of significant value!
Our trip to Michigan was a dream. And feels like a lifetime ago. Thankful that it’s documented here.
What a great way to start my day— a scratched mixed 💿 CD. ♥️♥️♥️
Comments
Post a Comment