On the rainiest wettest day this week Kim and I had a 3 hr bike planned during preschool. It was raining, extremely windy and cold but we decided it would be a good training ride in case race day was less than ideal, so we went anyway. Within the first 2 mins we were completely soaked. It was such an experience. And I decided that if I can do that, I can handle pretty much anything that happens on race day.
Today Lucy had an eye appointment in Mayo and GF is ready for a lens implant! That would mean no more contact! Also means surgery which makes her a little nervous. So more to come on that. We spent the whole day together and she makes me happy. This tween-y age is special.
We only made it 25 miles because our hands were frozen and we were having trouble switching gears and braking. We talked about getting out of our comfort zones and I think that may have been one of my more uncomfortable moments in life. It also made me think about what else I can do to put myself in those type of situations so that I don’t get stuck in this “comfort crisis” most of America is facing right now. I never want to lose the ability to have grit/determination to get through something.
It took me a long time to warm up. Every single thing on my body hurt the next day because of how tense I was riding for 1.5 hours, but it was worth it! And it was fun to ride and learn from Kim!
Thursday night was Lucy’s school concert and it was just amazing. Did I cry multiple times? Yes. Lucy just lights up through music. Her school experienced something so sad this week, and I think the concert really was a moment that brought everyone together. I hope she keeps singing. I can tell it brings her so much joy and that makes me so happy.
A sunny day, hanging out was good for the soul.
Saturday was *shocking* raining! and Olle’s football got cancelled. We decided to head to Skyzone and then Lucy and I tackled her room and cleaned out everything! Thursday night was Lucy’s school concert and it was just amazing. Did I cry multiple times? Yes. Lucy just lights up through music. Her school experienced something so sad this week, and I think the concert really was a moment that brought everyone together. I hope she keeps singing. I can tell it brings her so much joy and that makes me so happy.
The sun popped out on Wednesday and Sigge and I called grandma and met her at Teddy Bear Park. I’m soaking up all the springtime park hangs I can.
On Friday after preschool we went to Big C to put the dock in. And then we sat outside at River Siren while Sigge showed off his amazing art skills.
A sunny day, hanging out was good for the soul.
The sky’s cleared up in the evening and Lucy and I went for a bike ride then decided to fill “a whole square” with chalk. It’s weird, but it’s exactly what I needed. I needed a family win day and that exactly what Saturday was.
Sunday morning I got out early for a 25 mile bike and a quick brick run after and the sun and limited wind made me feel alive. 🥰
Then I got to hang out with some bucket filler friends. Celebrating Andrea’s mom’s life with pull tabs and margaritas ♥️
Today Lucy had an eye appointment in Mayo and GF is ready for a lens implant! That would mean no more contact! Also means surgery which makes her a little nervous. So more to come on that. We spent the whole day together and she makes me happy. This tween-y age is special.
















Comments
Post a Comment