Finished my run this morning and got straight back into my pj pants and took my coffee outside.
This training cycle is kicking. my. butt. I know it is my bodies way of saying it’s time to take a break. And I’m putting it here to remind myself later that I simply am not super human and need to recover after this 1/2 Ironman. I was running today thinking about how this exact run a year ago would have been one of my greatest joys, and although I felt the amazing endorphins after the run, I’m not finding the same happiness as I once did.
Seasons of life change and I’m feeling that shift right now. I want to have energy to play baseball in the yard with my kids, capacity to feed our family good food and be present for the people I love. I’m so drained by 9am that I spend the remainder of the day conserving energy. My friend Trisha said today before our swim that if you’re not finding joy in the workouts anymore it’s time to take a break. That just couldn’t be more true.
OKAY. End rant! I signed up for this race and I’m excited to see it through.
10 mile run with 800’s mixed in ✅
45 min swim with lots of intervals and pulls ✅
Tomorrow: 3 hour sunrise ride 😮💨
I GOT THIS. xo. edc

Comments
Post a Comment