I’m firmly and officially in the “spring is the best season” camp. I think summer held that spot for me for many many years, but as I get older, it’s spring that really does it for me. So much hope and warmth and anticipation in spring…
Our house gets messier, we go through more lemonade, we walk instead of drive and even tho there is an unorthodox amount of school happenings- it’s super fun and I’m enjoying it all.
Last weeks weather was near perfect, each day sunnier and warmer than the last. So there were lots of spring happenings:
Finished a long ride with a short run at a 6:45 pace (what??) I think my legs were used to pedaling and wanted to go fast??
Afternoon Friday date…. We only have ONE of these Fridays left with Sigge (Sigge not pictured) 😂
A very messy house got cleaned bc windows were open and what is better than cleaning with the windows open?I finished this book… ehhhh. Not my favorite, but an easy read.
Sigge and I logged some walking miles downtown visiting all our favorite spots.
Lucy had Track and Field Day and got 2nd place out of all the hudson 4th grade girls for long jump!
Kim and I braved the cold and swam at perch lake.
Water temp: 52, air temp: 57. It was the most alive I’ve felt in a long time
Also got in a bike with Hannah and it was so so good!!! I love spring time bc workouts happen with others! Not pictured was a 13 mile trail run with Haley. We taught the kids code names and they are hooked. It was so fun to play a new (to them) game together.
There were 9 kids on the backyard the other day, the girls playing bubble gum in a fish on the trampoline and the boys made up “Frisball” football with a frisbee. I feel so grateful for neighbor friends ♥️
We made grilled pizza on Friday night and it was the best. Sten and I put fig spread, goat cheese, arugula and bacon on ours 😋 Also got in a bike with Hannah and it was so so good!!! I love spring time bc workouts happen with others! Not pictured was a 13 mile trail run with Haley. We taught the kids code names and they are hooked. It was so fun to play a new (to them) game together.
There were 9 kids on the backyard the other day, the girls playing bubble gum in a fish on the trampoline and the boys made up “Frisball” football with a frisbee. I feel so grateful for neighbor friends ♥️
Early Sunday bike. Waking up to sun and no wind feels like the best gift ever.
We had a porch pot making class at church last night. Flowers = spring 💐💐💐💐
It was a full and good week. Spring, don’t leave us too soon ♥️ xo. edc.













Comments
Post a Comment