Some of my favorite things from this week came in the form of conversations with family/ friends and time spent in the car on our drive to Chicago for my mother in laws retirement party.
It’s always fun to be in Geneva and our kids couldn’t stop talking about going to Grammys house all week. We had an unseasonably warm spring day on Thursday and spent as much time as possible outside, playing at the park in tank tops and wearing dresses without leggings underneath to Grammys party.
Other favorites, in the form of pictures....
1.
Our table was fully expanded after our first Hope Quotient small group on Tuesday night. We got 13 people around the table for discussion, while 15 kids ran around the house. I can’t say it was quiet, but it was nonetheless real, open, and so fun to be together.
2.
I wanted to use up everything in the fridge before we left, and Wednesday morning I went on a cooking frenzy. I love spending time in the kitchen, and at this particular moment I remember thinking about how calm life felt and how thankful I was to be using my hands, listening to my kids play, and doing something that brings me so much joy.
3.
Of course seeing Elin was a major favorite of our trip to Chicago. We love this big girl so much! Elin treats Lucy and Olle so kindly and couldn’t be sweeter. She’s beautiful inside and out, and we love having her as a big cousin to look up to. We were able to see Mim, Nancy, Lauren, Jon and Jonah too, it was fun to catch up and be together. It always feels too short, so we’ll have to plan another trip soon 😉
4.
We got to meet baby Karl yesterday and hang out with Luke and Erik. These kids are getting so big ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ I want to freeze time right here and stop the process of them growing up any bigger. I love being a mom with Kate and talking motherhood with her, it’s always a treat to be together.
5. I don’t have picture of this, but we got to FaceTime Anne and Pete yesterday. Despite them being in Sweden, with a 7 hour time difference, it felt like we were all in one room talking about life and our ministries. I can’t tell you the amount of pride I have for them doing their thing in Sweden. They are such special friends to us and I love that technology allows us to totally and completely still connect.
Last one....
This lady is so special to us. She’s a star librarian and deserves to enjoy her retirement to the max. How lucky were all those kids to have her as their school librarian, we know she will be missed and leave a big hole at Williamsburg Elementary. Now we get to spend more time with her! Yay for us!! 💛
We’re supposed to get up to 13 inches of snow today. I want to cry. This is the winter that never ends. 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
xo, edc
Comments
Post a Comment