facebook memories are so weird. Aren't they? They pop up out of the blue as if to say, 'hey, remember this don't forget that person you were 1, 7, 10 years ago.' Some memories tend to stick out more than others and you don't need an FB reminder, but others don't, and the memories tied to them are things only you can relate to. I was talking on the phone this morning to my friend Emily, we were reminiscing about a race we ran spontaneously while she was visiting me out in Colorado seven years ago... AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW..... I logged into facebook this morning and the memory popped up of that very race!!
We remembered more than that race on our phone call. The stage of life we were at, is vastly different than our day to day lives today. Her, a high-powered working woman in California, and me in Wisconsin with 2 kids playing with cut-out paw patrol pictures under our kitchen table. We were young, and carefree, with so much time, so many questions about life, and eagerly waiting for our lives to start. Wish I could talk to that 20-something year old me and tell her to just sit in the joy that is TODAY-- obviously I can't, so instead I'll tell that to my 32 year old self right now. This life is full of so much joy, and today I am just going to sit in it. Paw Patrol cut outs and all.
xo. edc.
We remembered more than that race on our phone call. The stage of life we were at, is vastly different than our day to day lives today. Her, a high-powered working woman in California, and me in Wisconsin with 2 kids playing with cut-out paw patrol pictures under our kitchen table. We were young, and carefree, with so much time, so many questions about life, and eagerly waiting for our lives to start. Wish I could talk to that 20-something year old me and tell her to just sit in the joy that is TODAY-- obviously I can't, so instead I'll tell that to my 32 year old self right now. This life is full of so much joy, and today I am just going to sit in it. Paw Patrol cut outs and all.
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment